- Open daily year-round (Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day and some state holidays)
- Park hours:
- April 1-October 31, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- November 1-March 31, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Vistors Center: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily
- Handicapped accessible except for some portions of the Bartram trail
- $2.00 - Adults; $1.00 Students (current as of September 2015)
- Group rates available
- Reservations required for group tours
- Pavilion day rental available
Fort Toulouse - Jackson Park
2521 W. Fort Toulouse Road
Wetumpka, Alabama 36093
Ove Jensen (Park Director): email@example.com
Ned Jenkins (Living History Programs Coordinator & Archaeologist): firstname.lastname@example.org
Vistor Center Office Manager: email@example.com
Phone: (334) 567-3002
- Located inside "The Graves House", a Carolina Tidewater Cottage built around 1830 in Lowndes County Alabama.
- Bookstore and museum featuring archaeological collections from French colonial, early American and prehistoric Indian items
- Sign in location for campground visitors
39 RV sites that include electric/water hook up, grill and picnic table.
Contact site for current rates
Phone: (334) 567-3002
|Recreational Vehicles & Trailers
- Weekly and Monthly RV rates available
- Tent and Organized Group Tent Rate available
- Maximum number of people per site is 8
- Maximum length of stay, in a 60-day period per COE Lease is 30 days
- Centrally located shower and bath house
- Refuse facility located at the campground entrance
- Group Camping available upon request.
Complete camping details
Park Attractions / Areas of interest:
William Bartram Arboretum Trail
Interpretive trail from visitors center through forrested section of the park. Includes bridges, decks and primitive trail all the way to the boat ramp.
Located within the park at the end of Jackson Park Rd (imediate left after entering main gate). Launches into the Tallapoosa River
Fort Toulouse/Jackson National Historic Site is located off Highway 231 in Wetumpka, Alabama.
Directions from I-65 (e.g., Birmingham, Mobile):
Exit on Northern Blvd. (Hwy 152, exit 173 off I-65 in Montgomery) Follow Northern Blvd east to U.S. Highway 231 north towards Wetumpka. Go approximately 8 miles; look for Lowes Home Improvement on the left. Turn left at next red light onto Fort Toulouse Road. After approximately 2.5 miles the road goes directly into Fort Toulouse National Historic Park.
View Fort Toulouse National Historic Site in a larger map